The City has a strong tradition of community participation, one of which is through volunteer service on a board or commission. Boards and Commissions advise City Council on specific policy issues and provide a forum and opportunity for broad community input. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis; appointments are made by City Council as needed throughout the year.
- You must be a resident of Sunnyvale and registered voter of the City to apply for a position on a City board or commission, unless otherwise noted.
- Members serve four-year terms, unless otherwise noted.
Recruitment is underway for the following upcoming commission openings:
- Arts Commission (2 vacancies)
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission (2 vacancies)
- Heritage Preservation Commission (2 vacancies)
- Housing and Human Services Commission (1 vacancy)
- Parks and Recreation (1 vacancy)
- Personnel Board (1 vacancy)
Application deadline is 5 p.m. on Aug. 31. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Sept. 11. Appointments by City Council are scheduled for Sept.25.
The application and instructions are available at: https://sunnyvale.ca.gov/government/boards.htm